How E-Commerce Powerhouse Gary Nealon Turned An Evening Hobby Into A Multi-Million Dollar Business Without Any Experience
Welcome to episode #4 with eight-figure eCommerce builder, marketing ninja, and all-around great guy, Gary Nealon. He is owner of the Rocks Group which is a collection of the eCommerce sites in the home improvement niche which includes one of the largest online distributors and importers of kitchen cabinets in the United States.They have been featured on over 80 shows, HGTV, DIY Network, FYI channel, and A&E. He has been featured on the Inc.500 and Inc. 5000 list the past four years, the Philly 100 fastest-growing companies the past three years, and the Wharton Business School’s Future 50 CEO’s list the past two years. He’s got a ton of accolades.
This is a great interview. You can hear the story of when he got contacted by the Philadelphia Major Crimes division in the middle of a very busy work week; and it wasn’t very long ago. You can also get great tips and strategies for what he used to really scale up his business in the online space, which can be a tricky one, because there are a million things that you can be doing.
He is an absolute master marketer and just a great guy. You’re going to love this one because he’s always…
Listen to the Podcast
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How being told it would be impossible to sell cabinets online motivated him to do it anyway
- In hindsight, I kind of fell into a perfect storm. But it is also the fact that I was challenged when I was told I couldn’t do it
- How following his passion led to his success
- How he was able to get investors and family money to buy a company at age 29
- How even a smart, skilled person had no control over outside market forces that suddenly sunk his business
- What Gary’s core desire was that drove him into entrepreneurialism
- Gary’s advice on partnerships
- What happened when he got contacted by the Philadelphia Major Crimes division
Check out our private community on Facebook where you will have access to myself and can make requests for show guests. Just go to ToddHerman.me/group to find out more.
I created a guide to help you reap the benefits of a great mentor, “The Definitive Guide to Mentoring”.
I’ve had some incredible mentors in my life and those mentors easily accelerated my path to achieving new successes by steering me around roadblocks that would have slowed me down. And, if you’re in a position to be a mentor to others, you’ll get incredible value from the structure of how to make it a win-win for both sides.
Click here to get it now!
Links mentioned in this episode: