What Marie Forleo Learned From Her Parents Divorce, an Abusive Relationship & Money Issues Which Helped Her Win At The New Game of Business & Life
I recently sat down with Marie Forleo, creator of Marie TV and B-School, which is in its seventh year. Marie is a multi-passionate entrepreneur, a smart online business teacher and a Hip Hop loving personal branding expert. I was lucky enough to know her as a friend for a long time and saw the trajectory as she built a great personal and educational brand, along with the back story of overcoming the natural challenges that many people face along the way.
She recently spent a week on Richard Branson’s Necker Island with the winners of Shopify’s “Build a Business Competition” along with Richard Branson, Tim Ferris, Seth Godin and Daymond John.
Listen to the Podcast
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How implementing an unconventional vacation policy helped Marie’s company continue to grow and her team to be less stressed and more energized
- How her vision of having of great team came to life
- How learning to trust the Truth of what she knew and putting her own limiting beliefs to the side helped shape and mold her business into what it is today
- How to trust yourself by taking inspired action
- How a pivotal moment in her youth influenced her to take the path she is on today
- How she allowed herself to explore multiple passions earlier in her career, which led her to create a new version of herself and discover the path she is on today
- How an abusive relationship helped her discover her strength
- How a darker moment along the way quickly got her fired up and determined to succeed
- What people in her life really shaped her mindset
- The advice she thinks every teen should hear
Marie is a great example of someone hustling hard to chase down their goals and showing a ton of grit and perseverance to make it all happen. As Marie said, “Clarity comes from engagement, not thought”, so don’t wait – get engaged and take action now!
Check out our private community on Facebook where you will have access to myself and can make requests for show guests. Just go to ToddHerman.me/group to find out more.
I created a guide to help you reap the benefits of a great mentor, “The Definitive Guide to Mentoring”.
I’ve had some incredible mentors in my life and those mentors easily accelerated my path to achieving new successes by steering me around roadblocks that would have slowed me down. And, if you’re in a position to be a mentor to others, you’ll get incredible value from the structure of how to make it a win-win for both sides.
Click here to get it now!
Links mentioned in this episode: