Personally I am:
- A husband to a beautiful, smart and financially sharp woman, who really wants a third baby (unfortunately we haven’t mastered two),
- A father to two little girls, whom aren’t very good sleepers, giggle a lot and watch everything I do (it’s a heavy weight),
- A son to two phenomenal parents and brother to two brothers and a younger sister.
- A sports enthusiast. Give me a bat, ball, stick, or any widget and I’ll want to play it…and win at it.
- A farmboy from Schuler, Alberta, Canada. (I milked cows, took care of the chickens—which stink, rode my horse Cracker Jack and created forts out of every piece of scrap wood and machinery I could find.)
- A daily letter writer. I’ve written over 3600 personal letters to people. (5 a week since I was 23)
- A New Yorker.
- A bright sock enthusiast.
- A root beer aficionado. (I have a notebook I’ve kept since 1996)
- A dyslexic.
- A movie lover. (Love Actually is my favorite movie…go ahead…judge.)
Professionally I am:
- Exceptionally good at high performance coaching/advisory. (Sorry too many people try to be modest about what they’re good at…I don’t know why. I’ve had my company for 18 years, worked at the pinnacle of sport and I have a waiting list. So that means I’m really good. And I’m not shy about it…now, if you’re exceptional at something you shouldn’t be either.)
- Tough. (I’m tough on clients because they come to me with a destination they want to get too, but they’ve never been. So I have to be. Weak people shouldn’t call, email or sign-up for anything I print, deliver or discuss.)
- An investor.
- An Advisor to many businesses.
Professionally I have:
- Failed at several businesses. (Some were spectacular failures where I lost my entire life savings.)
- Created the 90 Day Year. A program for business owners who are frustrated with their level of performance and want a highly refined system to get out of their own way and see their business and personal leadership thrive.
- Worked all over the world. 82 countries total. (And no. I don’t count, talking to someone on the phone as working all over the world. I mean actually flying somewhere, learning the nuances of business culture, work all over the world.)
- Built a leadership and competency development program in current use by 18 companies (9 are on the Fortune 100 list).
- Helped craft the alter ego’s of hundreds of professional, Olympic and amateur athletes all around the world. (That’s how I built my name in sport. When someone needs that, they come to me.)
- Been personally mentored by Jim Rohn (13 years) and Harvey Dorfman (he wrote the greatest book on the mental game ever written), I love them both dearly and miss them both.
- Coached thousands upon thousands of athletes on developing their mental game.
- Advised hundreds of business owners on high performance, leadership and business growth.
- Started a VC company.
I’m currently focused on 3 things:
- Scaling up the 90 Day Year program and helping those business owners,
- Advising and Investing in businesses with great leaders at the helm and great business models/ideas.
- Continuing to support my athletic clients with the development of a wearable tech compression wear that will predict when an injury will happen with ‘Smartletica’.